I’ve compiled some great resources for you to help you be productive & successful.
Software / Services
- Backblaze – keep your computer backed up off-line for as little as $6 a month per computer. This has been a real life saver for me. Even if you back up to an external hard drive, they can fail too! Believe me it happened to me several years ago.
- Dropbox– File sharing and syncing. Great for sending large files and sending files securely. I have the Pro version, but most can get away with the free version.
- Zoom – Video Chat at its best! Easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems.
- Lastpass – Password Manager. FREE and Pro versions. Most people’s websites and online accounts are hacked because they use weak and overused passwords. But how do we remember all these complex passwords – right? This is a way to generate and securely store all your passwords. The Pro version lets you use it on your phone & tablet too for only $36 a YEAR.
- Microsoft Office365 Premium – Suite of apps. Access and sync email, files, booking feature and much more! Online and desktop access.
Software / Services – FREE
- Awesome Screenshots – Screenshot app. This is my go-to screenshot program. It has a plugin for most browsers.
- Name Ideas Generator- is a FREE tool that suggests possible domain names based on the keywords you enter. Voila’!
- PDFill Free PDF & Image Writer– this is my go-to PDF maker.
- Evernote– Organize your notes, projects, ideas, to-do lists and more! I use Microsoft OneNote because it comes with MS Office 365, but Evernote is a great, free alternative! Keep all your notes in one searchable location, with categories, images, and web-clipping capabilities.
- FileZilla– A good basic FTP (file transfer protocol) program for moving files to and from your website host.
- Office 365 – This is a must for most businesses. You can get your email easily from anywhere and sync it with all your devices. And it comes with all the software I need such as Word, Excel and OneNote (which I can’t live without)
- Google Email for Business
Domain Registrar & Whois Lookup
These are some companies I recommend to register a domain name. But I most importantly DO NOT recommend GoDaddy under any circumstances any longer!
- https://domains.google – YES! Google offers domains AND custom email services! Privacy is INCLUDED with each domain registered or transferred to them. Yahoo!
- https://www.hover.com – highly recommended AND they offer email service too. Privacy is INCLUDED with each domain registered or transferred to them.
- https://namechk.com – find not only domain names, but any social media names that may be available too
- https://www.namecheap.com/ – very good company.
- https://whois.icann.org/en – go straight to the issuer of ALL domains. This is a safe place to see if a domain name you want is available or not.
- Google’s Startup Guide for SEO
- How Search Engines Work by Google’s Matt Cutts (Youtube Video)
- Google Analytics Official website
Stock Photo Resources
- https://pixabay.com – FREE photos you can use anywhere
If you sell ANYTHING on your site you’re required by most payment gateways to have a Terms of Service Policy clearly on your site.
- Termageddon – they have a great Privacy Law Tracker too here
Trademark & Copyright Info
- The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) http://www.uspto.gov/
- The Library of Congress – U.S. Copyright Office http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright
last updated 02/04/2020