No matter what industry you are in, or what type of business you have, now is the time to provide proactive communication to your customers.
Here are some tips for making this happen…
- Add temporary hours to Google My Business
- Add a short post to Google My Business that gives a statement of your availability and activity
- Take this same information and use it to create a blog post
- Bonus points are provided for a heart-felt video embedded into the post
- Update your website contact page with your temporary hours (add these and don’t take away the existing hours)
Items to Proactively Communicate
- Are your offices open
- Staff availability
- Hours of operation
- Safety of in-person activity
- What can still be done online
- Interruptions to services or product shipments
- Status quo services and product shipments (aka what isn’t being altered)
- Instructions for how customers can alter existing appointments with you
- Is it still safe to <insert your activity with clients>
- Event changes or delays
- Cancellation policies if applicable
- A reminder that this situation is constantly changing and more updates will be coming from you
This is a good time to consider putting a heartfelt video on your website, Facebook and/or LinkedIn to tell your community what you’re doing during these tough times, what to expect and to thank them for supporting your business in the past, now and hopefully in the future.
On that note, thank you so much for YOUR business and know that I’m here for you! If you need some help I’m offering my clients a free one hour session to brainstorm ideas, or whatever.
Be proactive, be human, and communicate.
Hoping you and your families are safe and sound.